Doping in Olympic Track 100M

ad9898 said:
I havent even read the couple of paragraphs at the end of your post but I'm sure they make sense if you come from a certain point of view and I mean that sincerely.
I think spending one minute to read them won't disrupt your online time too much (unless your point was just to say that it wasn't even worth one minute of your time for you to read the last two paragraphs before responding). The point might make sense. Or it might not. Compared to the amount of time you spend in here... and the amount of time you spend on reprinting the line "Why do you guys watch it if you think they dope?"... it might save further time wastage.

I can only speak for myself of course on why I watch a dope-sullied sport... but it might be a position shared by others.

I find it quite fascinating that within a biking forum, under the subset 'Bike Racing", under the further subset 'Grand Tours...' that this thread has appeared and chosen to focus on alleged doping in a single athletics event when world and olympic records are continuously being broken in the swimming pool and that sport doesn't have its own specific thread within which to point the doping fingers...

Fascinating...added to the list of things that make me say 'hmmmmm'...

tonyzackery said:
I find it quite fascinating that within a biking forum, under the subset 'Bike Racing", under the further subset 'Grand Tours...' that this thread has appeared and chosen to focus on alleged doping in a single athletics eventwhen world and olympic records are continuously being broken in the swimming pool and that sport doesn't have its own specific thread within which to point the doping fingers...

No.... there's probably doping in the Olympic 200m as well.,..
rolleyes.gif

Threads are started by one person... not a committee.

Tony... you really need to take your tinted racist glasses off. You see racists in any mention of a negative remark that should befall a person of non-caucasion race. The fact of the matter is that most here point the finger at pro cyclists. How many pro cyclists are of non-caucasion race? Is Lance Armstrong African-American? If he was... then that would be another check in the racism column for you no doubt.

Many posts have been made in the last week relating to suspicions on swimmers and Michael Phelps and Dara Torres in particular. If a non-caucasion made the Olympic 100m track final... then they would probably come under more suspicion than the Jamaican winner who wins by 2m over the rest of the field while he beats his chest...whilst the next 5 places finish within a meter (total) of one another... and effectively beating the doped-up Ben Johnson by over a yard.

I suppose any "white" person who doesn't vote for Obama is a racist as well.

tonyzackery said:
I find it quite fascinating that within a biking forum, under the subset 'Bike Racing", under the further subset 'Grand Tours...' that this thread has appeared and chosen to focus on alleged doping in a single athletics event when world and olympic records are continuously being broken in the swimming pool and that sport doesn't have its own specific thread within which to point the doping fingers...

Why does this make you say hmmm? If you look at the first page of this thread then you have to get to message number 11 before you reach someone else talking about the 100 metres:) This does mean that the thread title should is inaccurate. It may also be in the wrong place although i still dont understand the 'hmmmm' bit:)

If, as some posters have claimed, doping near to the event is of no use to sprinters then why did the Greek duo do a runner in 2004?

Crankyfeet said:
No.... there's probably doping in the Olympic 200m as well.,..
rolleyes.gif

Threads are started by one person... not a committee.

Tony... you really need to take your tinted racist glasses off. You see racists in any mention of a negative remark that should befall a person of non-caucasion race. The fact of the matter is that most here point the finger at pro cyclists. How many pro cyclists are of non-caucasion race? Is Lance Armstrong African-American? If he was... then that would be another check in the racism column for you no doubt.

Many posts have been made in the last week relating to suspicions on swimmers and Michael Phelps and Dara Torres in particular. If a non-caucasion made the Olympic 100m track final... then they would probably come under more suspicion than the Jamaican winner who wins by 2m over the rest of the field while he beats his chest...whilst the next 5 places finish within a meter (total) of one another... and effectively beating the doped-up Ben Johnson by over a yard.

I suppose any "white" person who doesn't vote for Obama is a racist as well.
LOL! Get off your soapbox and smell the coffee...considering the implications, assumptions, and insuations in your post it obviosuly appears I touched an exposed nerve with you...that, in and of itself, makes me say "hmmmmmmm"...

Lastly, I provide a service with my comments...if you can't decipher what that service is, then so be it...

tonyzackery said:
LOL! Get off your soapbox and smell the coffee...considering the implications, assumptions, and insuations in your post it obviosuly appears I touched an exposed nerve with you...that, in and of itself, makes me say "hmmmmmmm"...

Lastly, I provide a service with my comments...if you can't decipher what that service is, then so be it...
Nah... I am just countering your argument. Unless you think your points should never be questioned.

You need to step down off the free-service-to-mankind pedestal Tony....
biggrin.gif

DV1976 said:
The difference with Flo Jo (or Chalkia for that matter) is that this guy didn't appear from nowhere in his mid twenties, stayed on top for a couple of years and then disappeared again... This guy has dominated sprinting since his early teens and he is a prodigy. His physical characteristics are amazing.

As for Powell inferring that he was on the juice, it's not Bolt's fault that he has been underperfoming for the last couple of years neither it's his fault that he stayed 0.2secs below his personal best. Now dont get me wrong I do believe that anything we see below 10secs in 100m is dope induced but it's so hypocritical and pathetic when losers imply that the winner is dirty simply becase the were beaten.
I agree with your analysis DV. What this guy is doing cannot be explained by doping only. He is too young and too lean. The coaching and the youth track programs on that little island are very impressive. The festivities going on over there must be something to see. I know that when they have the Penn relays every year here in the U.S.A., you might actually think that you were in Jamaica, because they come from everywhere not just to cheer on their athletes but to have a kind of Jamaican reunion and festival.

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. We can put a man on the moon, but we cannot invent good dope for our Olympic track athletes? How about a baton that sticks to the hand?

Three years ago, Elliott Almond of the San Jose Mercury News wrote a story that claimed Jamaican and Caribbean athletes in general were being tipped off by customs officials when international drug testers arrived at Kingston airport. At these Olympics, Jamaica’s female sprinters took five of the six medals on offer in the 100m and 200m. It may be that a country of 2.6m can do this through natural talent and excellent back-up. It may not.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/olympics/article4597129.ece