USADA charge Armstrong with doping

An important article published in Velonews:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/us-congressman-questions-role-of-usada-in-armstrong-case

US Congressman questions role of USADA in Armstrong case By: Cycling News Published: July 13, 03:30, Updated: July 13, 04:19
Wisconsin representative Jim Sensenbrenner looking out for tax payers
United States Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner yesterday released the details of a letter sent to the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) regarding the distribution of $9 million worth of funding allocated to the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA).
In his letter, Sensenbrenner puts forth a number of queries to the ONDCP that relate to the way the tax-funded money is used by USADA and how the ONDCP oversees their spending. More specifically, the letter focuses on the current case against Lance Armstrong and suggests the ONDCP has little "oversight" of whether these funds are being spent appropriately.
Sensenbrenner acknowledges, in his letter, that the US Congress has no jurisdiction to handle sport doping matters but is extremely interested in the actual case of Lance Armstrong and questions the authority to impose possible sanctions, bans and striping of titles on the former seven-time Tour winner.
"We do have a great interest in how taxpayer money is spent. As USADA’s main funding source, ONDCP should take interest in the agency’s conduct," he wrote.
The timeline of events, which begin in 1998, before USADA was founded, appears to be of concern to Sensenbrenner who again questions the authority of USADA to handle the matter.
"Congress designated USADA as the United States’ National Anti-Doping Organization in 2000, but the agency is seeking to sanction Armstrong for conduct beginning in 1998. Furthermore, during Armstrong’s cycling career, the International Cycling Union (UCI) had exclusive authority to sanction Armstrong for violation of its anti-doping rules," he said.
He continues by giving a recount of the numerous doping tests which Armstrong "has never failed" before discussing the possibility of bias in the case and it being based on a conspiracy rather than actual evidence. This case should, according to Sensenbrenner, allow for cross examination.
"To circumvent its jurisdictional challenges and its statute of limitations, USADA has adopted a novel conspiracy theory. The agency alleges, not that Armstrong doped during individual events, but that he engaged in a sweeping conspiracy to violate anti-doping rules beginning in 1998 and extending to the present. Since the alleged conspiracy is ongoing, USADA asserts that it now has authority over Armstrong’s entire career without regard to its statute of limitations.
Arbitrators are not chosen under the election procedures afforded by the Federal Arbitration Act to ensure neutral arbitration. The only judicial review permitted would be in Switzerland, not the United States. It is clear that the USADA arbitration process lacks the most basic due process," he said.
In conclusion to his letter he speaks of the the importance of a sportsperson’s fans and the investment they make in the sport before leaving six questions regarding spending oversight and of course, those specific to the Armstrong case.
"In response to this letter, please describe the role ONDCP plays in ensuring that USADA fulfills its Congressional mandate in a manner that protects the due process rights of athletes subject to its authority," he said.
The full letter and final questions can be read here.
USADA responds to Sensenbrenner letter regarding Armstrong case
A prompt reply was given by USADA regarding the letter by CEO Travis Tygart. The letter offers the Congressman with an invitation to discuss the case and to be briefed on where and why funds are allocated to various resources. This is the reply:
"The case against all those involved in the USPS Pro-Cycling Team Doping Conspiracy, including Lance Armstrong was not brought lightly. We are well aware of his popularity and the admirers he has on Capitol Hill and elsewhere, but our responsibility is to clean athletes who demand that USADA protect their right to a level playing field by eradicating drug use from sport. They rightly depend upon USADA to ensure that no matter how famous or anonymous, we will treat each alleged offender the same.
"USADA accomplishes this directive when it has sufficient evidence and not on any other basis. Any decision to sanction an athlete is the result of multi-level review by persons independent of USADA including a panel of arbitrators following a full evidentiary hearing with a right of appeal where, witness testimony is given under oath and subject to cross examination and which can be open to the public.
"The evidence is overwhelming, and were we not to bring this case, we would be complicit in covering up evidence of doping, and failing to do our job on behalf of those we are charged with protecting.
"We will reach out to Congressman Sensenbrenner and offer to come in and discuss the process, which is the same in all cases whether it involves high profile athletes or those who are not. We will also offer to brief the Congressman on how USADA is funded and the oversight that is provided by ONDCP. USADA is an open and transparent organization and welcomes to opportunity to fully address the Congressman’s inquiry."

Why in the name of Sam Hell is MY tax dollars being spent on anti-fracking-doping in the first place? Fracking libtard moron demoncrats!!! I already support four illegal immigrants, six ghetto rats, three white trash hillbillies, farm subsidies and crop insurance ripoffs, a mosque rebuilding program, WIC, wellfare, obummercare and forty-seven midnight baxatball leagues!!! And now they tell me I'm pay for the persecution of a retired rumdum bicycle rider?!?!?!

Thank God we have a Republican looking into the waste of MY tax dollars!!!

http://sensenbrenner.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=303025

July 12, 2012

R. Gil Kerlikowske, Director
Office of National Drug Control Policy
The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Dear Director Kerlikowske:

The Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) provides approximately $9 million per year in grant funding to the United States Anti Doping Agency (USADA) accounting for a majority of USADA’s total budget. Congress has recognized USADA as “the official anti-doping agency for Olympic, Pan American and Paralympic sport in the United States.”

On June 12, 2012, USADA notified Lance Armstrong that it had opened a formal action against him for violating anti-doping rules from 1998 through the present. USADA seeks to strip Armstrong of his achievements and the substantial winnings that accompanied them without offering him even basic due process. The alleged lack of fairness raises concerns for athletes of all levels, the majority of whom lack the resources and platform to challenge USADA’s actions.

The United States Congress has no role in determining whether an individual athlete doped, but we do have a great interest in how taxpayer money is spent. As USADA’s main funding source, ONDCP should take interest in the agency’s conduct. Nonetheless, I have found virtually no evidence of ONDCP oversight of USADA. Just as Congress’s spending authority creates an obligation to ensure that appropriated funds are used effectively, ONDCP should take a serious interest in how its funds are spent.

USADA’s accusations appear to stem from a broader federal investigation in which USADA worked with the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the United States Postal Service Office of Inspector General. In February, 2012 DOJ announced that it was dropping its investigation. Four months later, USADA announced that it was sanctioning Armstrong.

USADA’s authority over Armstrong is strained at best. The agency seeks to strip Armstrong of earnings and titles dating from before its own existence. Congress designated USADA as the United States’ National Anti-Doping Organization in 2000, but the agency is seeking to sanction Armstrong for conduct beginning in 1998. Furthermore, during Armstrong’s cycling career, the International Cycling Union (UCI) had exclusive authority to sanction Armstrong for violation of its anti-doping rules. Even if USADA had jurisdiction over Armstrong, the majority of Armstrong’s cycling career should be protected by USADA’s 8 year statute of limitations.

To circumvent its jurisdictional challenges and its statute of limitations, USADA has adopted a novel conspiracy theory. The agency alleges, not that Armstrong doped during individual events, but that he engaged in a sweeping conspiracy to violate anti-doping rules beginning in 1998 and extending to the present. Since the alleged conspiracy is ongoing, USADA asserts that it now has authority over Armstrong’s entire career without regard to its statute of limitations.

Prosecutors have alleged conspiracies in criminal trials to charge conduct outside of a statute of limitations, but importantly, a criminal trial offers a defendant due process protections that allow him to challenge the conspiracy’s existence. In Armstrong’s case, USADA asserts that Lance Armstrong must either accept the sanctions it proposes or contest the charges to an arbitration panel subject to USADA’s rules where the burden of proof will rest on him.

USADA’s arbitration system was established in light of the more regular circumstance where an athlete fails a drug test. Typically, sanctions would stem from a test result indicating that an athlete violated anti-doping rules. USADA would then decide whether to sanction that athlete. If sanctioned, the athlete would have the option of accepting the sanction or challenging the test results in arbitration.

Armstrong, however, has never failed a drug test despite having been tested over 500 times. USADA’s allegations are instead based on witness testimony. To date, USADA has not even disclosed to Armstrong who is testifying against him. At the arbitration hearing, the witnesses could refuse to be cross-examined and would not be required to testify in person. USADA has no obligation to disclose exculpatory evidence. Presumably, USADA has offered other athletes inducements to testify against Armstrong, but USADA has no obligation to disclose what those inducements were or whether it offered them. Arbitrators are not chosen under the election procedures afforded by the Federal Arbitration Act to ensure neutral arbitration. The only judicial review permitted would be in Switzerland, not the United States. It is clear that the USADA arbitration process lacks the most basic due process.

If Armstrong submits to USADA’s arbitration, he will be in the unenviable position of carrying the burden to rebut testimony from witnesses he cannot even cross examine. As attorneys for Armstrong asserted, “USADA has created a kangaroo court that it asserts has the power to bar Mr. Armstrong for life from his chosen profession and to strip him retroactively of the victories he has earned, including victories earned prior to USADA’s creation.”

The actions against Armstrong come in the midst of inconsistent treatment against athletes. Athletes are charged or cleared in an apparently ad hoc manner within the sole discretion of USADA. While USADA’s charging letter accuses Armstrong of a vast conspiracy involving numerous riders, the agency has not charged any associated athletes other than Armstrong.

Sporting events offer talented athletes the potential for great rewards. Fans deeply invest themselves in the outcomes of events and rightfully take patriotic pride in the accomplishments of their countrymen. Fundamental fairness and public health demand clean competition, and I wholeheartedly support the USADA’s mission, but fairness on the field cannot come at the expense of fairness off the field. USADA, an agency created to ensure fairness, must proceed fairly.

In response to this letter, please describe the role ONDCP plays in ensuring that USADA fulfills its Congressional mandate in a manner that protects the due process rights of athletes subject to its authority. In addition, please provide a response to the following questions by July 27, 2012:

1. Has ONDCP analyzed USADA’s process for charging athletes with violations of anti-doping rules? If so, does ONDCP consider the process fair?

2. What steps does ONDCP take to ensure that adjudicatory bodies that receive ONDCP grants offer fundamental due process protections?

3. Does ONDCP conduct oversight of USADA?

4. How frequently and in what manner does ONDCP review USADA’s procedures?

5. As the primary coordinator of drug testing and control within the Administration, were you briefed on DOJ’s investigation of Lance Armstrong? If so, do you believe it was a complete, unbiased investigation?

6. Do you approve or condone USADA conducting a follow-up investigation of the same issues that DOJ has already investigated?

I appreciate your prompt attention to his matter.

Sincerely,

F. James Sensenbrenner
Member of Congress

at first i thought you were just another addle-pated tea bagger hiding your bigotry behind some cliche and uniformed political positions, campybob. now i know it. you show just the amount of critical & analytical skill of a true lance saddle sniffer. did it ever dawn on you to ask just what state jim sensenbrenner misrepresents? and just which bicycle manufacturer happens to be located in that state? and just which founder of that bicycle company happened to live in that district? and that if jim sensenbrenner could identify a chain ring from a nipple ring it would be a good day for him. did it ever dawn on you why jim sensenbrenner never once raised an objection to the usada actions against marion jones? ever? and if you are so happy about his defence of your tax dollars, did you ever wonder how much it will cost us as taxpayers so this representative of this state can grandstand a hearing in congress just to impede a process that has worked just fine for all the other athletes who have been caught and punished by usada without jim sensenbrenner's dudgeon being raised? and finally, if jim sensenbrenner is so concerned about america's taxpayer, why won't he accept email from anyone outside his district?

Reactions: lance_armstrong
"Thank God we have a Republican looking into the waste of MY tax dollars!!!" - CampyBob

Blah, blah, blah..........

Another long winded attempt to dissuade those from seeking the truth.

People wonder why this whole business has dragged on for so long. This is why. We create heroes, and if they are found to be lacking, we find ways to perpetuate their myths, even at the expense of our own integrity.

Originally Posted by slovakguy .

at first i thought you were just another addle-pated tea bagger hiding your bigotry behind some cliche and uniformed political positions, campybob. now i know it. you show just the amount of critical & analytical skill of a true lance saddle sniffer. did it ever dawn on you to ask just what state jim sensenbrenner misrepresents? and just which bicycle manufacturer happens to be located in that state? and just which founder of that bicycle company happened to live in that district? and that if jim sensenbrenner could identify a chain ring from a nipple ring it would be a good day for him. did it ever dawn on you why jim sensenbrenner never once raised an objection to the usada actions against marion jones? ever? and if you are so happy about his defence of your tax dollars, did you ever wonder how much it will cost us as taxpayers so this representative of this state can grandstand a hearing in congress just to impede a process that has worked just fine for all the other athletes who have been caught and punished by usada without jim sensenbrenner's dudgeon being raised? and finally, if jim sensenbrenner is so concerned about america's taxpayer, why won't he accept email from anyone outside his district?

AMEN!

at first i thought you were just another addle-pated tea bagger hiding your bigotry behind some cliche and uniformed political positions, campybob. now i know it.

I never hide my cliches! I will admit to mixing metaphors and dangling the ocassional participle. My political positions do not wear uniforms, but we are working on a simple rank insignia for our bib overalls.

you show just the amount of critical & analytical skill of a true lance saddle sniffer.

Well, I wanted to sniff Paola Pezzo's saddle, but she broke my heart by doping.

did it ever dawn on you to ask just what state jim sensenbrenner misrepresents?

Uh...er...it's mentioned in both the article AND the letter's web link. Do you read Engrish or should I go back and highlight it in red text for you?

and just which bicycle manufacturer happens to be located in that state?

Bianchi!

and just which founder of that bicycle company happened to live in that district?

Eduardo Bianchi! What do I win?!?!

and that if jim sensenbrenner could identify a chain ring from a nipple ring it would be a good day for him.

In the interest of full disclosure, I must admit to making a life long study of the affect of nipple rings on stripper's breasts. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

did it ever dawn on you why jim sensenbrenner never once raised an objection to the usada actions against marion jones?

She ran for UNC!

ever?

Never. Evar.

and if you are so happy about his defence of your tax dollars, did you ever wonder how much it will cost us as taxpayers so this representative of this state can grandstand a hearing in congress just to impede a process that has worked just fine for all the other athletes who have been caught and punished by usada without jim sensenbrenner's dudgeon being raised?

Well, if it keeps a few Demoncrats out of the chamber and passing more welfare bills, it's a good thing.

and finally, if jim sensenbrenner is so concerned about america's taxpayer, why won't he accept email from anyone outside his district?

Dunno. But, You have heard of the USPS, haven't you? They do more than just go broke sponsoring Lance's bike team (hey! There's ANOTHER conspiracy for you to explore! Linkage, baby!). For fiddy cent you can get your manifesto to one of his staffers. Pro Tip: Scent the envelop with Cheddar and I hear it lands right on his desk. Getting your rant to Jim was never easier! If it fits...it ships!

As an aside, I was up in Slavic Village yesterday inspecting the new velodrome. Despite the 8' tall chain link fence with barbed wire, I fear it's going to be stripped for its steel scrap content. The area is a ghetto now. http://clevelandvelodrome.org/

If da 'crit don't fit, you must aquit!

U.S. Anti-Doping Agency studies Lance Armstrong's blood samples from 2008-12 in attempt to convict him as cheater Armstrong's blood samples were carefully stored and are now at the heart of agency's attempt to strip him of his seven Tour de France titles. "Lance passed every test given to him in 2009," lawyer says. By Nathaniel Vinton / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Thursday, July 12, 2012, 9:01 PM

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/u-s-anti-doping-agency-studies-lance-armstrong-2009-blood-attempt-convict-cheater-article-1.1113450#ixzz20WsKejy7

On May 31, 2009, Lance Armstrong rode conservatively to a 12th-place finish in the Giro d'Italia, a prestigious stage race in Italy, then flew home to Aspen await the birth of his fourth child, Max.

But before Armstrong left Italy, a doping control officer took a sample of the star cyclist's blood, which a laboratory test later revealed to have a 38.2% hematocrit ratio, a key marker of an athlete's endurance. The result was a little low for Armstrong, but it wasn't terribly unusual; hematocrit fluctuates, and in 2009 Armstrong's usually hovered between 40 and 43.

SEE LANCE ARMSTRONG'S BLOOD TEST RESULTS (PDF)

What appeared strange is the spike in Armstrong's hematocrit score just a few weeks later. On June 16, when another blood sample was taken from Armstrong, his hematocrit was 45.7. That was high for Armstrong, and for most people.

At the very least it showed Armstrong's blood was in good shape for the Tour de France, then less than three weeks away. He would finish third.

The two blood samples are among 38 taken from Armstrong between Oct. 16, 2008, and April 30, 2012 — samples that were subjected to a battery of scientific tests in accredited laboratories. The samples were carefully stored and are now at the heart of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency's attempt to convict Armstrong as a cheater and strip him of his seven Tour de France titles. The Daily News reviewed the test results this week.

Robert Luskin, one of Armstrong’s attorneys, said Thursday USADA was making “old and baseless allegations” and pointed out that Armstrong himself had released some of his tests publicly in 2009 and that experts had concluded there was no proof of doping. (Fifteen of the tests USADA is using are from 2010-12.)

“Lance passed every test given to him in 2009 — as well as every test given before and after,” Luskin said.

USADA, which apparently collected some of the tests from other anti-doping agencies, believes the fluctuations are more than suspicious. Combined with witness testimony about what allegedly went on behind closed doors on Armstrong's teams, the agency believes the 38 blood tests constitute objective proof that Armstrong doctored his blood using banned drugs or methods. Armstrong vigorously denies doping and has called USADA's pursuit of him a "vendetta" and a "lynching" and is fighting the organization in court.

To the extent that the long-range analysis of Armstrong's blood values represents a "smoking gun," USADA will presumably point to both the suspicious hematocrit fluctuations but also other measurements such as reticulocyte percentages and hemoglobin.

"This data is fully consistent with blood manipulation including EPO use and/or blood transfusions," USADA told Armstrong and five of his associates in a letter last month charging the six men with running a sophisticated doping conspiracy going back to the late 1990s and continuing to 2010.

Three days after USADA made the shocking claim, on June 15, the organization sent Armstrong and his attorneys a spreadsheet and two graphs reflecting the lab tests on the 38 samples. The agency had centralized them during its two-year, international investigation that coincided with a federal probe.

Armstrong is fighting the legitimacy of USADA's case with a federal lawsuit, and he may eventually challenge the evidence by summoning medical experts who may say that a person's hematocrit score could conceivably jump 7.5 percentage points in 16 days because of external influences like changes in altitude and heavy perspiration.

After the May 31 test, for instance, Armstrong was in Aspen, which is about 7,945 feet above sea level.

But USADA likely has its own set of medical experts prepared to testify that the numbers tell a story of blood treatments, saline injections and microdoses of the hard-to-detect anemia drug erythropoietin, or EPO, which boosts red-blood cell production all but destroyed the sport's credibility over the last 20 years.

Asked about the hematocrit numbers without being told whose they belonged to, Gary Wadler, an associate professor of medicine at Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine, said the deviation was suspicious and would demand an explanation from any physician.

"That would ring bells," said Wadler. "That would certainly require some explanation as to why there was such an aberration. From a strictly medical point of view, that's a little unusual."

Wadler is not involved in the USADA case. He is a past chairman of the World Anti-Doping Agency's prohibited list committee.

USADA's chief executive officer, Travis Tygart, declined to comment for this story or answer questions about the documents, which the Daily News obtained independently.

Court papers reveal that Luskin acknowledged USADA’s blood testing information in a letter dated June 16, a day after USADA shared the spreadsheets with Armstrong's legal team.

"Your letter includes copies of some longitudinal testing information from Mr. Armstrong from 2009 and 2010 on which you purport to rely," Luskin wrote. "Thank you for sharing that information. We assume that this is, indeed, all of the objective data on which you rely. If not, please furnish the balance immediately."

USADA, which on Tuesday issued lifetime bans to two doctors and a trainer who worked with Armstrong, is continuing its investigation, which could ultimately bring into evidence many more samples and test results, some of which USADA can't seize from laboratories without consent from Armstrong himself, who has declined to give the agency permission to review the samples.

Armstrong finished third in the 2009 Tour de France, riding for the troubled Astana squad. His teammate Alberto Contador won the race, and a rancorous dispute between the two men broke out after the race. Defending his title the next year, Contador tested positive for the banned drug Clenbuterol, which he blamed on tainted beef. French and German news outlets reported Contador's samples from that race contained traces of plasticizers, potentially a residue of blood bags used for transfusions. Contador denied doping.

Armstrong's federal lawsuit against USADA claims the group has denied him his constitutional and common law rights to due process and has committed tortious interference with his contracts.

On Thursday, Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI) sent a letter to the Office of Drug Control Policy, the federal agency that provides much of USADA’s funding, questioning the Armstrong case and demanding answers about it by July 27.

The filing of Armstrong’s suit on Tuesday led USADA to extend Armstrong's deadline for a response to its doping charges until next month, or until U.S. District Court Judge Sam Sparks rules on the cyclist's complaint.

If Armstrong's federal lawsuit moves forward, the significance of the blood tests could be weighed by a jury in Sparks' courtroom in Austin, Texas. If the lawsuit fails, and Armstrong challenges USADA's accusations on its own terms, the matter will head to an arbitration hearing, where the blood tests will be debated by experts and assessed by a panel of independent arbitrators.

Either way, the jury and judge that means the most to Armstrong — the science-savvy cycling community and his devoted legions of fans — is already weighing the evidence and forming its opinion about the validity of his records and the latest, most aggressive attempt to invalidate them.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/u-s-anti-doping-agency-studies-lance-armstrong-2009-blood-attempt-convict-cheater-article-1.1113450#ixzz20WrgLDBoFrom .

"What appeared strange is the spike in Armstrong's hematocrit score just a few weeks later. On June 16, when another blood sample was taken from Armstrong, his hematocrit was 45.7. That was high for Armstrong, and for most people".

Mine was 45.5 the last I had it checked.

That does it! I'm opening up a Congressional investigation! Let the witchhunt begin! We KNOW you are doping! CONFESS!

And the rules allowed up to 50%. At that point, a rider was simply medically disqualified from racing until the Hc value came down.

I don't know if Lancer doped or if he didn't dope. Next time I stop down to Plano to sniff his saddle, I'll ask him. If Betsy hadn't blimped up, I'd go ask her. You never know...she might have a nipple ring she wants to add to my survey data.

Oh my! No wonder Jimmy didn't have time for a T&F doperz...they pop hot more often than...well...cyclists.

Another one booted from the Olympic team today...dope. In Athletics.

Who'lda thunk it?

People don't play by the rules. I'm...stunned. Again.

Debbie, Debbie, Debbie...

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-blogs/blog=the-rundown/post/what-does-debbie-dunns-doping-positive-mean-for-u-s-4x400m.html

I don't think I want to see if she has a nipple ring.

Testosterone? Huh...you don't say!

Imagine THAT!

Time to get Tygart et al on a quest to find ten of her former team mates! Call Congress! Request another million or two dollahs! Surely, if we spend a few trillion more, we can hopefully, maybe, pretty much rid sport of doperz!

Better yet, let's go after some retired bike rider that thinks he can cheat at age-graded triathlons!

Yohan will fight!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bruyneel-to-fight-usada-charges

On June 12, Bruyneel was informed that he was being charged with:
  • Possession of prohibited substances and/or methods including EPO, blood transfusions and related equipment (such as needles, blood bags, storage containers and other transfusion equipment and blood parameters measuring devices), testosterone, hGH, corticosteroids, and masking agents.
  • Trafficking of EPO, blood transfusions, testosterone, hGH, corticosteroids, and masking agents.
  • Administration or attempted administration of EPO, blood transfusions, testosterone, hGH, corticosteroids, and masking agents.
  • Assisting, encouraging, aiding, abetting, covering up, and other complicity involving one or more anti-doping rule violations and/or attempted anti-doping rule violations.
  • Aggravating circumstances justifying the period of ineligibility greater than the standard sanction.

I think they forgot to charge him with blowing up that bus full of small school children and nuns.

Originally Posted by jhuskey .

"What appeared strange is the spike in Armstrong's hematocrit score just a few weeks later. On June 16, when another blood sample was taken from Armstrong, his hematocrit was 45.7. That was high for Armstrong, and for most people".

Looks normal to me...the usual fluctuations due to altitude...training...sickness/illness...fatigue...transfusions...nothing suspect in that chart at all.

So...were any of those tests failed/positives? Are they within the legal parameters and tolerances?

Thank God we have a Republican looking into maintaining the fairness of competition!!!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/senator-mccain-backs-usada-investigation-into-armstrong

of course, he doesn't have a major bicycle manufacturer in his state, so he doesn't have to gussy up a ***** of an argument with a mock concern for taxpayer dollars.

as an aside, just when i think i can keep disliking this cranky old man, he goes and pulls something like this which makes me glad arizona keeps him as a senator.

So you support the USADA disregarding every tenet of due process? McCain is a RINO.

point of fact and reality check for all you wonderful right wing nuts--the usada is not a court of law. it is an organisation employed to administer to the u s sporting world. due process would have been accorded mr. armstrong had the u s prosecutor in los angeles decided to take the case forward.

i really can't blame armstrong. he understands his supporters never bother actually to educate themselves about the subtle differences. mr. armstrong is charged with no crime under u s criminal code. he is, however, under investigation by a panel duly empowered to keep sports clean. mr. armstrong chose to participate in that sports world and accepted their authority in these matters. he is now engaged in his own version of moving the goal posts. usada has been quite consistent in these matters over the years, which has never once merited mr. armstrong's concern when it happened to others.

and aren't you just a pip--quite quick to ostracise someone who has been an honoured leader of the republican party for many years. frankly, your party is the most exclusive party to trumpet how inclusive it is. if one does not believe exactly as you, in particular, feel a republican should, out goes the free thinker.

and just because it amuses me, how have they disregarded every tenet of due process. be specific. show me that you understand what due process is.

Originally Posted by slovakguy .

point of fact and reality check for all you wonderful right wing nuts--the usada is not a court of law. it is an organisation employed to administer to the u s sporting world. due process would have been accorded mr. armstrong had the u s prosecutor in los angeles decided to take the case forward.

i really can't blame armstrong. he understands his supporters never bother actually to educate themselves about the subtle differences. mr. armstrong is charged with no crime under u s criminal code. he is, however, under investigation by a panel duly empowered to keep sports clean. mr. armstrong chose to participate in that sports world and accepted their authority in these matters. he is now engaged in his own version of moving the goal posts. usada has been quite consistent in these matters over the years, which has never once merited mr. armstrong's concern when it happened to others.

and aren't you just a pip--quite quick to ostracise someone who has been an honoured leader of the republican party for many years. frankly, your party is the most exclusive party to trumpet how inclusive it is. if one does not believe exactly as you, in particular, feel a republican should, out goes the free thinker.

and just because it amuses me, how have they disregarded every tenet of due process. be specific. show me that you understand what due process is.
+1.

USADA isn't a court of law as you say - but by taking out a rider's licence an athlete if he dopes - is answerable to USADA if that body decides to pursue the rider.

Originally Posted by jhuskey .

I'm sorry to read that you've gone over to the dark side, JH.

I've lobbied USADA to pay you and yours a visit post haste.