Nokian Tires

> Too bad your boy JD is so afraid that he needs the high
> altitude
advantage,
> and all the help from the stooges;-)

Bwahahahaha, he doesn't need any help from anyone. If you
can't realize that the overwhelming majority here thinks
you're an ignorant ass, that's your problem. If anyone is
taking bets I'll put down $200 on JD on an SS with flat
tires on any terrain at 10 to 1 odds.

Greg

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> "Dan Volker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "tcmedara" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>> Are you officially backpedaling on the "anytime" comment
>>> then, or are you just hoping it goes away? Far be it
>>> from me to let that happen Danny. Oh look! Here it is
>>> again......
>>>
>>> "JD, I'll be happy to smoke you on a trail any time.
>>> With all your baggage, it should be fun. Dan V"
>>>
>>> Hope that helps....
>>>
>>> Tom
>>
>> Sorry, no official backpedaling. While the challenge
>> would mean alot more here in Florida, considering all
>> that has been said, I have no problem with the challenge
>> taking place in the Smokies ( N Carolina, Tenn, etc)
>> where the altitude is fair for both of us. I would also
>> consider Bootleg Canyon, but I can't get out for this
>> long a vacation until late summer or fall--I could do the
>> Carolina or Tenn areas in trips I have planned over the
>> next 2 months.
>>
>> Too bad your boy JD is so afraid that he needs the high
>> altitude advantage, and all the help from the stooges;-)
>
> Hell yeah JD's afraid, I mean, look at him quake in
> his boots so!...Oh, my bad, that was him shaking
> through LHMFAO!

Actually I think JD is just a tad worried about this Florida
trail ;) Mainly because it sounds like some kind of BMX
course and he's not sure of what pedals to bring and how to
set the saddle.

--
Perre

BB wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 16:54:54 -0400, Dan Volker wrote:
>

>>I already offered a bet amount of $100 for you and your
>>lame ass, SS bike, to keep up with me at Quiet Waters on
>>just one lap ....if I doubled or tripled that bet, it
>>could potentially cover your trip costs--assuming you are
>>as good as you think you are...
>

> Wow, you must be pretty bad at math. Colorado is over 2000
> miles away; he'd be looking at 4 extremely long days of
> driving. Gas, hotel, food - about $700. All to ride some
> short-ass trail with which you'll be intimitely familiar
> and he'll be riding for the first time.
>
> You must think you're pretty damn special that its worth
> $400-600 and a week of lost vacation to shut you up.
> Besides, we'd miss your song and dance!

oh oh, come out my way. Not only do we have a park like van
dork er dan vork, er, whatever, for a face off, but we also
have some reasonable trails to ride as well (at least more
reasonable than FL).

It'd be *****ing to get the amb crew all signed up for the
Chequamegon, look it up, it's a neat event.

bomba wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 08:53:43 -0700, Jonesy wrote:
>

>>>Haven't have had this much fun reading a thread since
>>>gianni z (Ah ah death to you - Your Florida trails are
>>>made of plastic)
>>
>>ROTFL!
>>
>>Gianni *was* quite entertaining.
>

> Yes, but has anyone noticed how all their derailleurs are
> now made of metal?

G works for Sram was only doing some market research.
--
Slacker

"kantspel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> BB wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 16:54:54 -0400, Dan Volker wrote:
> >

> >>I already offered a bet amount of $100 for you and your
> >>lame ass, SS
bike,
> >>to keep up with me at Quiet Waters on just one lap
> >>....if I doubled or tripled that bet, it could
> >>potentially cover your trip costs--assuming
you
> >>are as good as you think you are...
> >

> > Wow, you must be pretty bad at math. Colorado is
> > over 2000 miles away; he'd be looking at 4 extremely
> > long days of driving. Gas, hotel, food - about $700.
> > All to ride some short-ass trail with which you'll
> > be intimitely familiar and he'll be riding for the
> > first time.
> >
> > You must think you're pretty damn special that its worth
> > $400-600 and a week of lost vacation to shut you up.
> > Besides, we'd miss your song and dance!
> >
> oh oh, come out my way. Not only do we have a park like
> van dork er dan vork, er, whatever, for a face off, but we
> also have some reasonable trails to ride as well (at least
> more reasonable than FL).
>
> It'd be *****ing to get the amb crew all signed up for the
> Chequamegon, look it up, it's a neat event.

A 35 mile road ride? I don't think so.

Greg

G.T. wrote:
> "kantspel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>BB wrote:

> bike,

> you

>>>Wow, you must be pretty bad at math. Colorado is over
>>>2000 miles away; he'd be looking at 4 extremely long days
>>>of driving. Gas, hotel, food - about $700. All to ride
>>>some short-ass trail with which you'll be intimitely
>>>familiar and he'll be riding for the first time.
>>>
>>>You must think you're pretty damn special that its worth
>>>$400-600 and a week of lost vacation to shut you up.
>>>Besides, we'd miss your song and dance!
>>>

>>oh oh, come out my way. Not only do we have a park like
>>van dork er dan vork, er, whatever, for a face off, but we
>>also have some reasonable trails to ride as well (at least
>>more reasonable than FL).
>>
>>It'd be *****ing to get the amb crew all signed up for the
>>Chequamegon, look it up, it's a neat event.
>>

> A 35 mile road ride? I don't think so.
>
> Greg

Think of it more as a 35 mile group ride/party on dirt. Oh,
and get over yourself.

"bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 09:01:45 +0100, spademan o---[)
> * wrote:
>
> >> I'm usually too busy blasting through the technical
> >> sections (with a
big
> >> grin) to take photos, but sometimes there are other
> >> people there to
take
> >> the pics: http://www.j-
> >> harris.net/bike/snowdon/snowdon12.jpg
> >>

> > Hey, nice pic!
>
> Just a pity it was over-exposed, otherwise it probably
> would have ended up on the wall.

Alright alright there was a lot of mist about which messed
with the light meterings I was taking and the in-fill slave
flashes didn't fire properly. Or was it a case of - here
comes bomba hurtling down the hill lets see if I have time
to get a quick pic...

> > I can't remember - is there an AMB UK 'Return to Mt.
> > Snowdon' trip
pencilled
> > in anytime this spring?
>
> Dave was talking about sometime in May, I believe. Alas,
> I'm doing rather a lot of travelling at that point, so I'm
> going to have to skip.

You're gonna skip up snowdon? that will be worth seeing.

Steve.

"Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> > "Dan Volker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >> "tcmedara" <[email protected]> wrote in
> >> message news:M1Jcc.311$FE2.195@lakeread01...

> >> Sorry, no official backpedaling. While the challenge
> >> would mean alot more here in Florida, considering all
> >> that has been said, I have no problem with the
> >> challenge taking place in the Smokies ( N Carolina,
> >> Tenn, etc) where the altitude is fair for both of us. I
> >> would also consider Bootleg Canyon, but I can't get out
> >> for this long a vacation until late summer or fall--I
> >> could do the Carolina or Tenn areas in trips I have
> >> planned over the next 2 months.
> >>
> >> Too bad your boy JD is so afraid that he needs the
> >> high altitude advantage, and all the help from the
> >> stooges;-)
> >
> > Hell yeah JD's afraid, I mean, look at him quake in his
> > boots so!...Oh, my bad, that was him shaking through
> > LHMFAO!
> >

> Actually I think JD is just a tad worried about this
> Florida trail ;)
Mainly
> because it sounds like some kind of BMX course and
> he's not sure of what pedals to bring and how to set
> the saddle.

Heheheheh! Bomba, any BMX advice for a worried Jock Duff?!?

Shaun aRe

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 11:47:24 +0100, spademan o---[) * wrote:

>> Just a pity it was over-exposed, otherwise it probably
>> would have ended up on the wall.
>
> Alright alright there was a lot of mist about which messed
> with the light meterings I was taking and the in-fill
> slave flashes didn't fire properly. Or was it a case of -
> here comes bomba hurtling down the hill lets see if I have
> time to get a quick pic...

Hehe. Well, no screwing up next time, understand?

>> Dave was talking about sometime in May, I believe. Alas,
>> I'm doing rather a lot of travelling at that point, so
>> I'm going to have to skip.
>
> You're gonna skip up snowdon? that will be worth seeing.

Borrowing JD's tutu for the occasion...

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

kantspel wrote:
> G.T. wrote:
>
>> "kantspel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> bike,

>> you

>>> oh oh, come out my way. Not only do we have a park like
>>> van dork er dan vork, er, whatever, for a face off, but
>>> we also have some reasonable trails to ride as well (at
>>> least more reasonable than FL).
>>>
>>> It'd be *****ing to get the amb crew all signed up for
>>> the Chequamegon, look it up, it's a neat event.
>>>

>> A 35 mile road ride? I don't think so.
>>
>> Greg
>>

> Think of it more as a 35 mile group ride/party on dirt.

I have better things to do than go to a roadie party.

> Oh, and get over yourself.

I have better things to do.

Greg

mojo deluxe wrote:
> "Shawn Curry" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:befdc.215153$1p.2493356@attbi_s54...
>
>>spademan o---[) * wrote:
>>

>>>Nice helmet hair! http://www.pbase.com/image/27707906
>>
>>Thanks Steve. Still nice to have any at all. :-|
>>

> Funny how when it falls out, it takes root in your back.

I'm all laughs. Better the back than ears, nose, and
eyebrows. Apparently nature doesn't give us that
choice though.

Shawn (Now where are those tweezers.)