And the dumbas* of the day award goes to......

mr tibbs said:
brilliant!
Yea, hilarious! You guys are all so freakin clueless!!! How many times have we seen this situation play out in the history of cycling? A million times????

Horner knew if he led out, he loses! 2nd or 10th....whats the difference? Its not their fault the gap was so close at that point.

You all like to knock everyone, its so annoying.

Mtventoux said:
Yea, hilarious! You guys are all so freakin clueless!!! How many times have we seen this situation play out in the history of cycling? A million times????

Horner knew if he led out, he loses! 2nd or 10th....whats the difference? Its not their fault the gap was so close at that point.

You all like to knock everyone, its so annoying.
i don't know about you but i would much prefer finishing in second...

trackman23434 said:
i don't know about you but i would much prefer finishing in second...
thats right and who knows if he had gone to the front one or two times that he woudn´t win anyway.
i think that award his deserved.

nonameboy said:
thats right and who knows if he had gone to the front one or two times that he woudn´t win anyway.
i think that award his deserved.
You dont call a rider who busts a$$ all day in the final move of the stage a dumb a$$ because of the tactics that played out at the end. Where was Flecha to lead out Horner for the last kilo? If you raced, you'd know a rider plays his tactical cards to try to win. Sometimes works, sometimes doesnt!

you dont need to be a rider to talk about cycling,when they got to the last km after a long time escaped the hardest thing was done he just had to go one or two times to the front and then it would be between him and chavanel and i think horner would´ve won.

nonameboy said:
you dont need to be a rider to talk about cycling,when they got to the last km after a long time escaped the hardest thing was done he just had to go one or two times to the front and then it would be between him and chavanel and i think horner would´ve won.
After the race Horner justified sitting on Chalvanel by saying that he, Horner, wasn't supposed to pull as he was in a break all day. You can see on tape that Chalvanel was doing a very long pull while Horner was just sitting on him.

And Horner was the guy who was throwing water bottles at the guy who wouldn't pull enough for Horner's taste earlier. It's obviously always someone else's fault. He should be allowed to sit on Chalvanel and just so Horner can jump him with 50m to go. If Horner was a bit more cooperative, the break could have succeded. One of the two guys would have won, now we'll never know which one.

Mtventoux said:
You dont call a rider who busts a$$ all day in the final move of the stage a dumb a$$ because of the tactics that played out at the end. Where was Flecha to lead out Horner for the last kilo? If you raced, you'd know a rider plays his tactical cards to try to win. Sometimes works, sometimes doesnt!
You need to know when to play a tactical card, and when it's time to just lay the power down. The last kilometer of that race was so clearly NOT the time to start playing tactical games with the peloton closing the gap at that rate. He worked all day out in the wind for the opportunity to cheat the peloton at the end, and with the finish line spitting distance away, he throws all of his hard work away in what must have been the dumbest tactical move I've ever seen. I have difficulty even feeling sorry for him it was such a dumb move. And I'm not saying this simply with the benefit of hindsight - I was literally trying to reach through the TV while it was playing live to see if I could ***** slap him across his face, but I couldn't reach.