Piti goes down ! Finally !

Rolfrae said:
So why are the Italians summoning Valv Piti and not AC - did they only take urine from AC at the last Giro and not blood?
Part of the deal for Armstrong's return and participation in the Giro was no retroactive testing of Contador's Giro samples. That is why Contador would not leave Astana.

Bro Deal said:
Part of the deal for Armstrong's return and participation in the Giro was no retroactive testing of Contador's Giro samples. That is why Contador would not leave Astana.

Maybe the reason why Contador won't race in Italy this year?

lucybears said:
Valverde is in deeeeeeeeeep deeeeeep ****. I'd like to see how he intends to get his way out of this...or actually assuming that UCI does their job Valverde will be racing in no time...

I really hope the spanish federation takes their head from the sand and this time really finishes Puerto (which means they prosecute all the riders and athletes involved)

What do they do at Google all day play volleyball? Teach your algorithms to translate you tech head clowns. Nerdddzzzzzzz

Always from what I could garner sounds not to bad. Confirms my assessment of Spain as a nation to be quite accurate. Cut the Spanish federation (all teams all events and all riders) loose until they convince their govt to clean house on oP.

Come back to us Spain when you grow some ballz.

Helps to have friends in high places ! No wonder he asked for the extra 48 hours !!! So he could pay off the judge....
_____

A Spanish judge rejected a request from Italian anti-doping authorities on Wednesday to hand over a blood sample they want to test as part of an investigation into cyclist Alejandro Valverde.
Spaniard Valverde, 28, has been summoned to appear before the Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) on Thursday to discuss a possible violation of anti-doping rules.

CONI had asked for blood samples from Spain's Operation Puerto probe but the court said CONI did not have the required judicial mandate to investigate, and it could not hand over evidence it was using in a separate case.

"Although the organism (CONI) says in its communications it is the office for the anti-doping authorities, it is not an organisation directly linked to the Italian Ministry of Culture and therefore not linked to the Italian justice system," the decree from Madrid's Supreme Court said.

"In the same decree the court ... has expressly banned the use of evidence obtained in the committing of one crime for the investigation of other crimes, as is the case referred to with Spanish cyclist Alejandro Valverde."

Doping is not a criminal offence in Spain, however those who supply banned substances can be tried for a violation of public health. If found guilty of a doping offence, Valverde could face a two-year ban

whiteboytrash said:
Helps to have friends in high places ! No wonder he asked for the extra 48 hours !!! So he could pay off the judge....
_____

A Spanish judge rejected a request from Italian anti-doping authorities on Wednesday to hand over a blood sample they want to test as part of an investigation into cyclist Alejandro Valverde.
Spaniard Valverde, 28, has been summoned to appear before the Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) on Thursday to discuss a possible violation of anti-doping rules.

CONI had asked for blood samples from Spain's Operation Puerto probe but the court said CONI did not have the required judicial mandate to investigate, and it could not hand over evidence it was using in a separate case.

"Although the organism (CONI) says in its communications it is the office for the anti-doping authorities, it is not an organisation directly linked to the Italian Ministry of Culture and therefore not linked to the Italian justice system," the decree from Madrid's Supreme Court said.

"In the same decree the court ... has expressly banned the use of evidence obtained in the committing of one crime for the investigation of other crimes, as is the case referred to with Spanish cyclist Alejandro Valverde."

Doping is not a criminal offence in Spain, however those who supply banned substances can be tried for a violation of public health. If found guilty of a doping offence, Valverde could face a two-year ban
However...
ASSUMING that what Bro wrote is true why on earth would or should Valverde be the fall guy? Why is Contador being left alone as part of a deal and Valverde that has no Armstrong connections is persecuted? Justice for all or for none at all. If dopers are allowed to participate in the Giro purely for financial and prestige reasons then it is ueber hypocritical to go after guys that arent that high on the popular list.

It's correct to go after Val'piti if they have enough pieces of informations and it would be incorrect to no go after an other riders with the same amount of clues!

whiteboytrash said:
Doping is not a criminal offence in Spain,
We dont give a **** Spain. Play by global standards or **** off. In fact, yes that is exactly what we should do. All Spanish pro riders holding an international licence are hereby suspended from all international events until a criminal investigation is conducted within an internationally accepted criminal legal framework (adversarial due process).

Let me give you the big tip you Spanish cocksuckers. Ive had enough of your ****.

If this **** went down in Australia/Great Britain/France/Germany you can bet your bottom dollar not only would we be utterly ashamed but we would a) investigate in a thorough and timely fashion b) bring charges against those we can c) cooperate with international bodies to bring sanctions against those breach internationally accepted guidelines and d) conclude by blaming the Seppos.

Spain is an embarrassment to itself as a sovereign nation. Spain has no respect for the sport. If you want to talk about global doping networks then Spain is at the heart of it across a multitude of sports. I made this last sentence up based on no facts whatsoever but it sounded good so I went with it.

We ought to be turning on the entire Spanish Federation. Even though their hands may be effectively tied there has been too much evidence in the past 3 years to suggest that there is a nexus between broad elements of Spanish cycling and the heart of the doping problem in professional cycling.

For now Spain should be out. If you care about the sport and want to see your nations best riders grace the best events in the world then show us your integrity towards the sport by a) bringing charges against those you can within your own legal framework b) doing so in a timely fashion (bit late now but get it DONE) and then c) releasing any/all evidence to whichever relevent sporting jurisdictional body to evaluate the appropriateness of international sanctions regarding breaches of racing licence holders.

Spain..que te den por el culo!

Geoff Vadar said:
Let me give you the big tip you Spanish cocksuckers. Ive had enough of your ****.

If this **** went down in Australia/Great Britain/France/Germany you can bet your bottom dollar not only would we be utterly ashamed but we would a) investigate in a thorough and timely fashion b) bring charges against those we can c) cooperate with international bodies to bring sanctions against those breach internationally accepted guidelines and d) conclude by blaming the Seppos.
......except if you're a big ghey swimmer from Oz or pot smokin swimmer from the US.

whiteboytrash said:
......except if you're a big ghey swimmer from Oz or pot smokin swimmer from the US.
Pot only enhances performance if the sport involves binge eating.

whiteboytrash said:
_____

Haha :D The spanish fed. comes to the italians' aid :D This is hilarious and I'd laught at this if I wasn't so ****** off.

I really couldn't believe my eyes when I read this and the Velonews article...that 48 hours came straight to my mind too. This really shows that doping culture is widespread on all levels in Spain: riders, staff and even the decision makers (+legal system apparently). The spanish have done nothing to investigate the Puerto case and when some other fed. finally has the balls to investigate it they do their best to stop them from doing that :mad: AAAARGH!

although disappointed at the court's refusal to surrender a blood sample, i have to agree with their position that coni is not a properly empowered arm of the italian government. i'm getting the subtext that if an italian prosecutor could demonstrate a violation of italian law and therefore the need for a sample, then the spanish system might have to provide the blood. disheartening, but less so than the giro's outright refusal to retest for micera.

Read the newsflash on cyclingnews. Piti is going down, and he won't be alone. :D Perhaps now is the time to write a thank-you letter to CONI. The only ones with the balls to get this thing moving!

jonjungel said:
Read the newsflash on cyclingnews. Piti is going down, and he won't be alone. :D Perhaps now is the time to write a thank-you letter to CONI. The only ones with the balls to get this thing moving!
Well wasn't CONI about as effective as the Spanish dope feds until Torre took over? It appears that having a single person in charge who actually wants to catch dopers is pivotal. Gripper being placed in charge of the UCIs anti-doping efforts also seemed to have made a relatively large change.

Wayne666 said:
Gripper being placed in charge of the UCIs anti-doping efforts also seemed to have made a relatively large change.
Well...until last year when she appears to have lost all power or will. It is also strange that her big acheivements in finding dopers were all confined to a single team that was specifically targeted. After that, nothing.

Wayne666 said:
Well wasn't CONI about as effective as the Spanish dope feds until Torre took over? It appears that having a single person in charge who actually wants to catch dopers is pivotal. Gripper being placed in charge of the UCIs anti-doping efforts also seemed to have made a relatively large change.
I agree with you about Gripper but there is still McQuaid to damage a big part of her work.
Without the Verdruggen boys the doping problem would have already "disappeared", we would have come back to an acceptable level.

Cobblestones said:
anyone have a handy Mossad officer that can investigate on behalf of us.

I think Cancellara is ****ed. He is classicomano Luigi from my information.

Grater said:
Now we finally see some action.

Hopefully they link other riders to Puerto. Hopefully but unlikely, Armstrong is linked.
Grates, do you think Rogers went to Freiburg for a blood transfusion with Sinkewitz, and was he sick last year with Epstein Barr or mononucleosis, or did he just have Staplton protecting his new sponsor Columbia? He came 11th in the Dauphine about one month before the Tour. So what was the excuse? Those 2006 blood transfusions are a timebomb too.

Geoff Vadar said:
We dont give a **** Spain. Play by global standards or **** off. In fact, yes that is exactly what we should do. All Spanish pro riders holding an international licence are hereby suspended from all international events until a criminal investigation is conducted within an internationally accepted criminal legal framework (adversarial due process).

Spain is an embarrassment to itself as a sovereign nation. Spain has no respect for the sport. If you want to talk about global doping networks then Spain is at the heart of it across a multitude of sports. I made this last sentence up based on no facts whatsoever but it sounded good so I went with it.

We ought to be turning on the entire Spanish Federation. Even though their hands may be effectively tied there has been too much evidence in the past 3 years to suggest that there is a nexus between broad elements of Spanish cycling and the heart of the doping problem in professional cycling.

For now Spain should be out. If you care about the sport and want to see your nations best riders grace the best events in the world then show us your integrity towards the sport by a) bringing charges against those you can within your own legal framework b) doing so in a timely fashion (bit late now but get it DONE) and then c) releasing any/all evidence to whichever relevent sporting jurisdictional body to evaluate the appropriateness of international sanctions regarding breaches of racing licence holders.

Spain..que te den por el culo!
I think one person famously said of Contador

"that paella eating cnut"