Piti goes down ! Finally !

whiteboytrash

Mar 9, 2005
The Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) summonsed Spanish Champion Alejandro Valverde to appear in Rome for possible ties to the 2006 doping investigation Operación Puerto. The CONI anti-doping prosecutor requested the Caisse d'Epargne rider, winner of two stages in the 2008 Tour de France, for February 16 at 12:00.

The Italian Olympic Committee reportedly has linked DNA samples taken from last year's Tour de France – presumably the stage into Italy, July 20 – to blood seized in the Operación Puerto investigation. In May 2006, Spain's Guardia Civil collected coded blood bags during its raid on the offices of Doctor Eufemiano Fuentes. (Read EPO blood bags attributed to code names.)

Internal documents from Madrid's Court 31 allegedly link Valverde to confiscated blood via codes Valv, Piti and 18. Despite attempts in the past years, authorities have not been able to prove links or stop Valverde from racing.

Valverde started his 2009 season this week in the Challenge Mallorca. His palmarès includes two editions of Liège-Bastogne-Liège, 2006 Flèche Wallonne and twice the International Cycling Union's ProTour classification.

Good find WBT.

Looks like a few others are going to go this way as well......... who else should be worried here ?

"The Italian Olympic Committee reportedly has linked DNA samples taken from last year's Tour de France – presumably the stage into Italy, July 20 – to blood seized in the Operación Puerto investigation. In May 2006"

whiteboytrash said:
The Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) summonsed Spanish Champion Alejandro Valverde to appear in Rome for possible ties to the 2006 doping investigation Operación Puerto. The CONI anti-doping prosecutor requested the Caisse d'Epargne rider, winner of two stages in the 2008 Tour de France, for February 16 at 12:00.

The Italian Olympic Committee reportedly has linked DNA samples taken from last year's Tour de France – presumably the stage into Italy, July 20 – to blood seized in the Operación Puerto investigation. In May 2006, Spain's Guardia Civil collected coded blood bags during its raid on the offices of Doctor Eufemiano Fuentes. (Read EPO blood bags attributed to code names.)

Internal documents from Madrid's Court 31 allegedly link Valverde to confiscated blood via codes Valv, Piti and 18. Despite attempts in the past years, authorities have not been able to prove links or stop Valverde from racing.

Valverde started his 2009 season this week in the Challenge Mallorca. His palmarès includes two editions of Liège-Bastogne-Liège, 2006 Flèche Wallonne and twice the International Cycling Union's ProTour classification.

whiteboytrash said:
Good find WBT.

Looks like a few others are going to go this way as well......... who else should be worried here ?

"The Italian Olympic Committee reportedly has linked DNA samples taken from last year's Tour de France – presumably the stage into Italy, July 20 – to blood seized in the Operación Puerto investigation. In May 2006"
I reckon Frank Shleck is f-a-r-k-e-d, FARKED.

whiteboytrash said:
I reckon Frank Shleck is f-a-r-k-e-d, FARKED.
Thanks WBT but looks like CONI only have samples from the stage in Italy.

"The summons relates to a blood-urine sample given by Valverde on July 21, during the 2008 Tour de France after a stage in Italy. "

How did CONI get DNA profiles for bags marked #18? I don't remember any DNA testing being done except for Ullrich. Did the spanish authorities DNA test all the blood themselves and then hand over the results to the Ullrich investigation rather than handing over a small sample of the blood from bags suspected of belonging to Ullrich?

If this is true, it is pretty funny. Valverde being allowed to race at the highest level while the likes of Mancebo, Sevilla, and such have been exiled to the U.S. is a glaring example of preferential treatment by the UCI.

When does Contador get taken down? If he does then can the ASO strip him of his 2007 TdF? If I remember right, all particpants in the Tour that year had to swear that they had no involvement with Puerto.

If CONI has the DNA profiles of all Puerto blood then they should cross check them with samples from the Giro.

Bro Deal said:
How did CONI get DNA profiles for bags marked #18? I don't remember any DNA testing being done except for Ullrich. Did the spanish authorities DNA test all the blood themselves and then hand over the results to the Ullrich investigation rather than handing over a small sample of the blood from bags suspected of belonging to Ullrich?

If this is true, it is pretty funny. Valverde being allowed to race at the highest level while the likes of Mancebo, Sevilla, and such have been exiled to the U.S. is a glaring example of preferential treatment by the UCI.

When does Contador get taken down? If he does then can the ASO strip him of his 2007 TdF? If I remember right, all particpants in the Tour that year had to swear that they had no involvement with Puerto.
During the Basso saga the Spanish handed over some of the bags did they not ? I assume those marked "AC" were left in the dumpster out the back.

whiteboytrash said:
During the Basso saga the Spanish handed over some of the bags did they not ?
I don't know. I think Basso cracked before the investigation got that far. It still would not explain how CONI has the DNA results for Piti.

I want to know when Fuentes hardrives will finally be looked at. That is where they will find the training plans for Contadope and all the riders from Kelme and Liberty Seguros, the stars from CSC, and probably Leipheimer will be in there somewhere too.

Bro Deal said:
I don't know. I think Basso cracked before the investigation got that far. It still would not explain how CONI has the DNA results for Piti.

What you think Ivan "I'm innocent on my dying mothers deathbed" Basso cracked cos he felt guilty ? He only confessed because CONI received the "Brillo" bags form the Spanish Police. Same goes here. Somehow CONI have got the "Piti" bags. Not sure how they subpoenaed them across ? I guess because Valverde gave his blood sample in Italy they could suggest an infraction was caused in Italy. Not sure how all this works but Bravo to Coni. Once again the UCI nowhere to be seen when a top guy falls.

So who else was tested at the end of the stage in Italy. I can't remember now.

Ok. They tested the blood for DNA and found a match. Why, why on earth did they not do this before??? :confused: :confused: They must have gotten lots of samples from riders in the past two years so why not earlier :confused:

Btw, Valverde is in deep deep ****.

RdBiker said:
Ok. They tested the blood for DNA and found a match. Why, why on earth did they not do this before??? :confused: :confused: They must have gotten lots of samples from riders in the past two years so why not earlier :confused:

Btw, Valverde is in deep deep ****.
From what I have read other places, the spanish authorities DNA tested all the blood and made the results available to national federations upon request. Only the german and italian federations requested the results. They must have been given the results from all blood bags, so there would not seem to be a problem with matching riders other than Valverde with their blood.

It must have sucked to be Valverde and wake up today, only to be informed that you are ****ed. Then again, maybe he has spent the last few years feeling like the shoe might drop at any moment and it is a bit of a relief.

The Spanish will probably let him off anyway.

So this forum has now degraded to the point where WBT has to have conversations with himself...

Now we finally see some action.

Hopefully they link other riders to Puerto. Hopefully but unlikely, Armstrong is linked.

Grater said:
Now we finally see some action.

Hopefully they link other riders to Puerto. Hopefully but unlikely, Armstrong is linked.
Not to forget the co-incidental poor form of his former team in the 06 tour, probably their worst tour ever. In 07 they were back to dominating form again.

So why are the Italians summoning Valv Piti and not AC - did they only take urine from AC at the last Giro and not blood?

Rolfrae said:
So why are the Italians summoning Valv Piti and not AC - did they only take urine from AC at the last Giro and not blood?
It depends if there's a bloodbag from OP. I'm not sure about it. Certainly there was a note in Fuentes journal. Maybe AC go lucky and at the time of the razzia, Fuentes did not have any of his blood in a bag?