Did You Ride Today?

It was a nice and warm 64 degrees today with sunshine! The wind said a steady 16 MPH breeze, but it felt like more than that to me.

34 miles at a medium tempo. No big efforts and the legs were just a little flat and lacking power. My endurance needs work and I have to remember to drink more and eat a little as the rides start getting longer in duration.

Right around 1100' of climbing so a pretty flat course. A nice ride!

Nice job, Okie!

54 miles in glorious 63 degree sunshine! The wind was a little tough at 10 to 14 MPH, but manageable. Climbing was right around 2900', so a bit of a rolling course with a couple of tough little hills.

I worked my way out the first leg with a cross wind and kept the tempo light to moderate. Catching the tail wind on the second turn, I rolled on the power, but again it was at a sane level.

I made the third turn and the cross wind had picked up a little and was now hinting me in the chest a little harder. That last turn for home got the Watts to come out and play. The hills got steeper and more frequent and the wind was coming either cross-head or full on head. It hurt! I survived better than I though I would for the first mid-distance ride of 2017.

The coming week is supposed to be warmer than average. The rides will be short, but I'm going to see if I can stay outside a bit longer. I need endurance work.

Reactions: OkiePhlyer
17 miles in 58 degree sunshine! Only 600' of climbing on a flat course. The legs felt pretty good considering yesterday's longer ride. I was punching it here and there and no matter what I tried the throttle response was pretty good for an old fart! A nice ride, for sure.

It was 63 degrees this afternoon! The wind was a light 5 to 8 MPH. I got in a 22-mile climbing ride with 1300' of vertical. I kept trying to get the tempo up, but I was mostly stuck in second gear.

I stopped and picked up a pair of Xenon Elvex safety sunglasses ( http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/sg-14g.html ) that are apparently worth all of $2.75! LOL! They'll be perfect for weed whacking wear this summer...keep the rocks out of my eyes.

The ride was nice! It felt good to be warm on the bike even during the 40 MPH descents. 73 degrees on Friday if the forecast is correct!

32 miles today. Nice weather with sunshine, 65 degrees, and winds about 10 mph. I haven't ridden this route since October. I beat my previous time by 15 minutes. I'm loving this new bike!

Hey it was 56 degrees when I got home today, and I pulled out the Single Speed. With the roads still very wet and dirty it's just a lot quicker and easier to clean the SS than the road bike. I did my little rolling 15 miler and just felt great attacking the little rollers.

Only 11 miles over drying roads after the morning light rain. It was a fast little sprint though! I booted the Ribble R872 out of the parking lot and kept the revs high on the out & back course.

It was 60 degrees and still overcast with low hanging clouds, but the warmth felt great! I spun them hard into a 10 to 12 MPH breeze and then kicked for home only gear higher to work on leg speed. Another fun ride!

67 degrees and sunshine this afternoon with rain moving in after dark. I railed it for a quick 21-mile cruise into Amish occupied territory and had a blast!

A couple steep climbs, but only 820' of climbing on a mostly flat course.

That was 7 consecutive outdoor riding days in February...nice!

Reactions: zipp2001
Can you believe it? 75 to 77 degrees in the area. Records were set for the warmest February day on record around the state of Ohio!

The sun was out and the wind was insane! 12 MPH to 22 MPH with gusts of over 30 MPH. I was pushed all over the road by that wind. The ride felt great though. I alternated pushing big gears with the wind carrying me along and getting my back flat in smaller gears into it. I did a bunch of high RPM work just to try keeping the speed steady.

Coming over the top of those little hills into the wind was fun! Right around 1425' of climbing and sweating a little felt good.

35 degrees when I through a leg over and 32 degrees when I climbed off an hour later. The wind was insane! 15 to 22 MPH steady with wild gusts over 35 MPH. Once again the wind pushed me and the bike all over the road and berm.

Only 17 miles of alternately flying with the wind and almost blown to a stop by it. The open areas were just nutz to ride through with a cross wind.

600' of climbing, so just a lightly rolling course.

There was light snow, ice pellets and a bit of rain in the air when I shoved off. A Wintery mix, for sure. With a couple miles to go it was almost a white out as the snow was coming sideways.

The 'blizzard' lasted about an hour...just long enough to put down a thin white coating of snow that quickly melted on the ground that was still warm from a week of very nice temperatures!

I was in Florida for a couple of days and decided to rent a bike to get a few miles in. Ended up riding 30 miles on a beast of a bicycle; a KHS Brentwood. It is definitely not a road bike, but was fun to ride something different on nicely paved trails. We rode up and back a few times on the Upper Tampa Bay Trail. No hills, little wind, just a nice relaxing ride.

Nice ride Okie! Definitely warmer than today's 38 degree ride here in Ohio!

The wind was up at 13 to 15 MPH with gusts to 22 MPH and the 26-mile loop course had about 1175' of climbing...just a lightly rolling affair. The wind was more of an issue than the climbing.

I'm still on the Ribble R872 and pounding the **** out of the shitmaNO Ultegra 11-speed stuff. I have the fit about 95% dialed in and it offers a fairly aero position down in the drops.

The sun was out and despite another day of wind the ride was fun and testing.

Today's ride was a tough one. Started at 35 degrees and was dropping throughout, not good for my asthma. The wind was a stinger with gusts over 20mph throw in a bunch of hills, and you have a great workout. You ain't getting this on a trainer.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmlqoveybfw

No ride today but I am excited since I installed a new cassette and chain. Can't wait to get them dirty and start wear them out.

43 degrees and overcast with a light drizzle from start to finish. The roads stayed dry though and I was back on the TREK Emonda so I had a Powah Meter back under me.

I through a leg over and got up to speed and decided to kill it for 20K and see how the legs were doing. The Bontrager seat felt like home. I put an SLR Friction Free (weird rails that narrow up early, limiting rearward travel in the seat post clamp) on the Ribble R872 and it's slammed, but still not back quite far enough to suit me. I think I'm going to put an SLR Ti or a Flite on it and gain another 20 MM or so of rearward travel.

A relatively flat course with only 560' of climbing. The legs worked well in the 12 to 14 MPH wind and I tried to keep the gearing high and the pedals turning hard. A great, short workout with the rain picking up just as I got back to the car. The data look great for February.

Nice ride. Zipp! You are motivated and working hard!

C'mon, JH! Enough of the skiing and sipping wine by the lake. It's time to ride! Spring is just around the corner!

spring-around-the-corner.jpg

Was a brutal winter, tons of snow. Lost my dad last month as well, he was hospitalized for 2 months prior and was only getting worse before he passed.

Started getting back into gear the last 2 weeks. The weekend was pretty nice. My endurance went to hell, but my legs are still decently strong. 22 miles/900 ft/18.5 mph on Saturday. A little Zwift on Sunday, 10 miles/183 avg watts,19.9mph. I'm craving the bike again, hope to get longer rides in asap.

Sk
Nice ride. Zipp! You are motivated and working hard!

C'mon, JH! Enough of the skiing and sipping wine by the lake. It's time to ride! Spring is just around the corner!

spring-around-the-corner.jpg

Skiing is done. Rear cassette was slipping on steep grades which is unsettling. I am ready to go now.