2008 Tour de France Stage 18 - Thursday, July 24: Bourg-d'Oisans - Saint-Étienne

Barredo. What a ********. He just attacked near the top of the climb. It was telegraphed so much Stevie Wonder could have seen it coming. He might has well got his DS to yell it out over a megaphone.

That's the most ridiculous finish I ever saw in a race. They both deserved to be caught.

jhuskey said:
That's the most ridiculous finish I ever saw in a race. They both deserved to be caught.
You obviously never was the 87 Liege Bastongne Liege with Roche and Criquelion. They actually DID get caught. I'm surprised Phil and Paul never mentioned it, they normally do.:rolleyes:

Grater said:
Another Columbian win. Who tries the break today?
I dunno Grates... but you might want to post in the Stage 19 thread.

Columbia have got to be very happy about their performance this tour. The French teams are still struggling a bit to make an impression... Credit Agricole have a couple of stages though. And Cofidis has one with Dumoulin.

Crankyfeet said:
I dunno Grates... but you might want to post in the Stage 19 thread.

Columbia have got to be very happy about their performance this tour. The French teams are still struggling a bit to make an impression... Credit Agricole have a couple of stages though. And Cofidis has one with Dumoulin.
Already done.

Whatever the stage, the win was well desrved. I think Burghardt competes with some of CSC guys of the time most spent splitting the wind for the peloton. Even not very visibly and gloriously he's been working like a horse.

frost said:
Whatever the stage, the win was well desrved. I think Burghardt competes with some of CSC guys of the time most spent splitting the wind for the peloton. Even not very visibly and gloriously he's been working like a horse.
Burghardt deserves the win just like you say. He's done a mountain of work - more than what Barredo has done. It was a fitting win for him. Adam Hansen and Bernard Eisel deserve to win too. Also Voigt and Cancellara. Voight, Hansen and Eisel try today!