Clydesdale community challenge part iv

2400.8 + 18.5 = 2419.3

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]283.6 279.4[/COLOR]

SuperClyde -- I like it!

Yes -- if your a clyde, we need your miles /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Sweet ride, Jman! Congrats on it. Doesn't that feel good? What was your last bike? (sorry to get off topic!)

Originally Posted by Jman .

Yes -- if your a clyde, we need your miles /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif
Oh I am clyde alright!

2447.7 + 85.7 = 2533.4

Starting weight 290 current weight 268

Hope I did this correctly. Took my weight from Feb. when we started weight watchers

Thanks trinogt. It does feel soo good. New bikes make you feel like a kid at Christmas. My previous bike was a 2005 roubaix pro. I thought I would ride that bike until I couldn't ride anymore -- a crash damaged the frame so I had an excuse to buy a new one. All I have to do now is get more miles /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

I have added my miles and info to this but my post was held up because I am a noob. Will edit it whenever it shows up.

Lets try this again, mebbe this one will post.

2500+85.7= 2587.7

Starting weight 290 current weight 268

2585.7 + 22.0 = 2607.7

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]283.6 279.4[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]First ride outdoors [/COLOR]/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif . Bike was great, ride was awesome, shoulder needs work but, it is a start.

Thanks trinogt. It does feel soo good. New bikes make you feel like a kid at Christmas. My previous bike was a 2005 roubaix pro. I thought I would ride that bike until I couldn't ride anymore -- a crash damaged the frame so I had an excuse to buy a new one. All I have to do now is get more miles /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

A crash? Ouch dude, what happened?
Is there a bright side besides the new bike, like maybe some salvage parts from the Roo?
Yes, I still feel like it is Christmas too, and this is my first road bike. I received it on Valentine's day, and it is the love of my life now. (Besides my kids) :)

The crash -- speeding around a blind corner where 3 skateboarders were taking up the whole path, so I tried to take the off path route and hit a bench. Severed 3 of the 4 tendons in my rotatorcuff. Surgery Sep 13 and surgeon expects 3 to 6 more months of therapy. I was able to use the wheels and grouppo from the old bike.

So how to you like your new bike -- Kestrel? Very nice looking. How long was it that you were off a bike before this one.

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)] 2607.7 + 27.8= 2,635.5[/COLOR]

I just recently picked up a new to me bike on the local craigslist about three weeks ago, it's a 2008 Giant TCR A1. It's a little step up from my 2001 Giant OCR 3, I just hit 213 miles on it tonight and am really enjoying it. I bought it for $400 as the PO upgraded to a Pinarello! I also had a 2011 Giant Escape 2 hybrid that I have since sold to a coworker who wanted to start commuting to work some days! Getting a new bike IS indeed a good feeling!! Sorry to hear about your crash Jman, but glad you are enjoying your new bike!

The crash -- speeding around a blind corner where 3 skateboarders were taking up the whole path, so I tried to take the off path route and hit a bench. Severed 3 of the 4 tendons in my rotatorcuff. Surgery Sep 13 and surgeon expects 3 to 6 more months of therapy. I was able to use the wheels and grouppo from the old bike.

So how to you like your new bike -- Kestrel? Very nice looking. How long was it that you were off a bike before this one.

Yikes, that sounds like it would have hurt BAD. Glad you are riding still.
I love my Kestrel, thanks for asking. The ride is very smooth compared to a few I have test ridden at the stores, like the Felt AR4, a Trek aluminum, and maybe a couple others I can't recall... Plus, I like the aero frame, since I knew i would be riding alone a lot at first and without a peloton to break the wind for me, also I can easily convert to tri or TT with just a bar change and adjustment to the seat post adapter. I got it new for an incredible price, and Shimano 105 5700 is so much better than anything I ever had previously. As far as time between riding, I had been riding my full suspension 2005 'El Cheapo' mountain bike, forty pounds even with the aluminum frame lol. So, I never really stopped riding, but I didn't like to ride nearly as much as I do now. I tell ya, the right bike makes all the difference in the world! I got on the mountain bike bandwagon in the 1990's; I figured out recently that I spent more time on road than off, so why did I need suspension and knobbies? The more I researched, the more I knew I needed a change. Sure glad I did it! Cyclist forever dude!

Crocosis, that is a heck of a deal on your new Giant! Great price for a bike that is so new. I had looked on Craigslist as well, but never found such a deal as that.

2616.9 + 10.3 = 2627.2

Plus I hit two milestones today. My first 10 mile ride and 100 miles total since I started a little over 3 weeks ago. So I celebrated by buying a pair of "baggie" style shorts. Somehow even the mental picture of me in "regular" bike shorts makes me want to reach for the eye bleach. hahahaha

Well I don't think I have any hope of making the entire challenge but what the heck, it's a motivator. Literally received and assembled my bike today and this was my first time on one for six years. After two knee surgeries and a bit of rehab I'm approved to cycle again so here we go!

Odometer: 4.2 miles
Weight: 297.2lbs