Clydesdale community challenge part iv

Originally Posted by trinogt .

Love it! Bike details, pics???
Thanks for the welcome guys! Bike is a Kent 25.5" cheap-o. I'm a week in so far and though I haven't logged very many miles the steep inclines here have really been burning some calories!

4.2 + 11.7 = 15.9

3048.3 + 31.4 = 3079.7

Does anyone else feel better about posting their ride when it clicks us over into the next 1000 miles, no matter the length (i.e. 2999.9 + 0.2 = 3000.1 - WOO HOO! I AM AWESOME)?

3109.7 + 23.2 = 3132.9

Adding in KitCougar's Miles 3132.9 + 11.7 = 3144.6 (post 83) Everyone just adds their miles to the running total.

Chavez: I felt the same as I typed it in but, didn't want to say anything -- didn't want to look like the nerd /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Reactions: Chavez
Oh, is that how this works? I thought y'all were riding thousands of miles per month! I had no idea...

The thousand(s) of miles months don't start for me for another month or so.

3167.7 + 93 (outdoor) + 38 (trainer) = 3298.7

Sorry i haven't been around for a few days but have alot of things going on right now along with some crappy weather. Gonna get out tomorrow and that will be that last day for a while. Getting my left knee 'scoped on Friday and have my first PT on Monday. Hopefully I can get back fairly soon.

Originally Posted by KitCougar .

Thanks for the welcome guys! Bike is a Kent 25.5" cheap-o. I'm a week in so far and though I haven't logged very many miles the steep inclines here have really been burning some calories!

4.2 + 11.7 = 15.9

Cheapo? The bike looks great dude! Better than a Wally World bike!

Originally Posted by trinogt .

Cheapo? The bike looks great dude! Better than a Wally World bike!
Thanks mate! She's been treating me well, but she's certainly no $1000 ride. :p

3513.3 + 8.3 - 3521.6

Was SUPPOSED to be 25-30 mi, but I had two flats, no patches, and no tubes*, so I was like "gahh!", went to pick up supplies and missed my group ride; figure what the hey, I'll swing past the library, a route which takes me past the place the ride leaves from, and I had the time wrong - it didn't start at 5:30, it started at 6. Now, you may think "well, just jump on" but this is a bit of a hammerfest and I was on a cruiser wearing jeans, wasn't happening.

Anyway, riding with different groups on Thu and Sat, so it'll be all cool.

* - I have had the WORST ****ing luck with flats this season, I am ready to throw my ****ing bike off a 10-story building. I JUST WANNA RIDE DAMMIT

Originally Posted by Chavez .

3513.3 + 8.3 - 3521.6

Was SUPPOSED to be 25-30 mi, but I had two flats, no patches, and no tubes*, so I was like "gahh!", went to pick up supplies and missed my group ride; figure what the hey, I'll swing past the library, a route which takes me past the place the ride leaves from, and I had the time wrong - it didn't start at 5:30, it started at 6. Now, you may think "well, just jump on" but this is a bit of a hammerfest and I was on a cruiser wearing jeans, wasn't happening.

Anyway, riding with different groups on Thu and Sat, so it'll be all cool.

* - I have had the WORST ****ing luck with flats this season, I am ready to throw my ****ing bike off a 10-story building. I JUST WANNA RIDE DAMMIT
Have you got rim strips? Or are you just picking up tacks/nails/etc? I hate flats, had to swap a tube on my roommate's bike yesterday.