Giro D'Italia 2008 : Stage 15 - May 25th : Arabba => Passo Fedaia/Marmolada, 153 km :

i think all the GC men were to scared by this stage to attack yesterday, im realy hoping to see sum bold moves, wheather they come from astana, or are to try and break astana i dont care. does any one think sella and rujuno will be able to go up the road again today?

Strange, interesting race this year.

I continue to hope that Simoni will go for broke. Let's wait and see.

Sella off the front again! Taken 25 mountain points so far, but they aren't giving him the same time gap as yesterday. Guess the big boys have learnt they're lesson, and one of them will get the stage win today.

I'm going with Simoni.

Eldrack said:
Sella off the front again! Taken 25 mountain points so far, but they aren't giving him the same time gap as yesterday. Guess the big boys have learnt they're lesson, and one of them will get the stage win today.

I'm going with Simoni.
Great stage so far! No rest today, they have been hammering from the gun.

thoughtforfood said:
Great stage so far! No rest today, they have been hammering from the gun.
Leipheimer gone, Kloden getting dropped, Piepoli dropped also. Simoni seems to be sitting well back in the group for someone with big designs on the stage.

thoughtforfood said:
Pellizotti puts the smack down!
Was Contador dropped or off the front going after Pellizotti? I thought he was dropped when DiLuca, Ricco, Menchove, etc. went after him but the cyclingnews.com ticker makes it sound like Contador led the group up to Pellizotti.

Yes! Contador was dropped on the Giau, but with a group of others managed to make his way back up to the leaders. I don't think he'll be dropped on the next climb as it's short, and not very steep but that spells trouble for him come the final climb of the day. Di Luca looking good, as do Menchov and Ricco.

Edit: Oh and Sella is a legend! 35 mountain points and counting so far today.

Eldrack said:
Yes! Contador was dropped on the Giau, but with a group of others managed to make his way back up to the leaders. I don't think he'll be dropped on the next climb as it's short, and not very steep but that spells trouble for him come the final climb of the day. Di Luca looking good, as do Menchov and Ricco.

Edit: Oh and Sella is a legend! 35 mountain points and counting so far today.
Yea, Sella is amazing.

Contadope not looking so good today. Ricco looking good so far. Simoni looked a little weak on Giau. No lambs today.

Kloden and Leipheimer have both been shelled. Contador is suffering. Maybe they where at the beach? Either that or they're going to get their blood bags on the next rest day and destroy the last three stages, which, lets be honest, would be interesting to watch.

Still, the fact that LPR has three people in the front group whilst Kloden is suffering behind makes me ever so slightly suspicious.

Sella passes first at the summit. More king of the mountain points.

No surprises with regards to the LPR vis-a-vis Astana doping - all is based on the team sponsor's interest... tour or Giro... that explains who is doping at their maximum. :eek:

Mamma mia, about 10 degrees centigrade, wet roads, and Nibali catching the three out front with a heck of a downhill run. That is downhilling! I am fascinated and terrorised. :eek:

Bad crash by Piepoli on the downhill. Quickstep team car is helping him. He is by the side of the road and not moving. Sitting up.

Bad for Ricco'.

Sella attacks! Off the front alone again!

Update: Piepoli has gotten in the race ambulance. Not clear if he is abandoning yet.

Powerful Pete said:
Bad crash by Piepoli on the downhill. Quickstep team car is helping him. He is by the side of the road and not moving. Sitting up.

Bad for Ricco'.
Did they show the crash? I just saw him sitting by the side, clearly hurt somehow.

There are still people skiing on some of the slopes. Should be quite chilly.

thoughtforfood said:
Yea, Sella is amazing.

Contadope not looking so good today. Ricco looking good so far. Simoni looked a little weak on Giau. No lambs today.

Contador looked shattered yesterday (saturday).

Watch for Menchov.

Great scenery on the last climb. What sort of dope is Sella on? He's off on his own again for the last climb.